How to Fix Error Code: M7353-5101 – You might have faced many errors while visiting various OTT platforms like Amazon Prime, Zee 5, or Sony LIV and those errors are annoying as they prevent you from watching videos or accessing those platforms. In this post, we are going to talk about one of the errors that you might have come across on one of the most popular OTT platforms Netflix. The error we are talking about is error code M7353-5101. This error stops you from watching the videos on Netflix or accessing it and the reason behind this is that it prevents Netflix from working properly. In other words, we could say that error code M7353-5101 is an extension of a web browser that hinders the proper functioning of Netflix.
Our purpose in creating this post is to help you clear this error so that you can enjoy videos on Netflix and never get annoyed especially when you have planned an evening with your loved one. Let us see some ways by which you can fix this error and continue enjoying your web series or movie on Netflix.
How to Fix Error Code M7353-5101
Sometimes, the biggest problems require the simplest solutions, and here as well, you might be able to solve this issue by restarting your computer. Yes, you’ve read that right, if you ever face this Netflix error code M7353-5101 on your computer, the first thing you need to do is restart the computer and open Netflix again as this might solve the issue.
As you already know that error code M7353-5101 is a web browser extension that prevents Netflix from working properly. So, if your problem persists after restarting the computer, the next thing you should try is updating Google Chrome. Doing so and restarting the application (Netflix) might solve your problem. Here are the steps involved in updating Google Chrome:
- Open the Google Chrome browser
- Click on the three vertical dots at the top right of your computer’s screen
- Click on Help > About Google Chrome
- Once you click on ‘About Google Chrome’ the updates will automatically be downloaded and installed
These are the four simple steps that’ll help you download the latest Chrome updates and this might solve your Netflix error code M7353-5101.
Even if updating Google Chrome does not solve the error code issue, then we have another tactic that might help you come out with the issue. The tactic we are talking about is also a simple one and that is to clear the browsing data and cookies from your web browser. The reason why we are saying this is that sometimes error code M7353-5101 occurs due to the presence of corrupted data on your system thus, clearing that could be the solution. Let us see how you can do this:
- Open the Browser (Google Chrome)
- Click the menu button at the top-right of your screen that appears in the form of three vertical dots
- There you’ll find ‘settings’ on the opened list, select that can click on ‘Privacy and Security’
- After clicking on that a webpage will open where you have to select ‘Clear Browsing History’
- In the pop-up menu that appears, select the ‘Advanced’ tab and mark all the checkboxes present
- Once this is done, hit the ‘Clear data’ button and restart your computer
Following these steps could fix the issue and you’ll be able to resume your video without any issues.
Another thing you can do here is to visit netflix.com/clearcookies and clear all the cookies on Netflix as well. After this, restart Netflix and enjoy video streaming.
Error code M7353-5101 on your computer screen means that there is an extension that is preventing you from enjoying uninterrupted video streaming on Netflix. Thus, a solution to this here could be turning off all the extensions on your web browser. To do that, you can follow the provided instructions:
- Open Google Chrome
- Type “chrome://extensions” in the address bar and visit the URL
- After doing this, you’ll see all the extensions of your web browser
- Here, all you need to is disable them using the toggle switch present at the bottom-right of every box (you need not disable extensions of Chrome Apps)
- After trying this, you can open Netflix again and see whether the error code M7353-5101 has been solved.
Turn off third-party antivirus software
Sometimes a third-party antivirus installed in your system could be the problem for error code M7353-5101 and this might be causing issues in the smooth functioning of Netflix. So, what you need to do here is turn off/disable the antivirus software temporarily and this could be done by doing right-click and clicking on the antivirus utility menu. Once you have disabled the antivirus, try restarting Netflix and you might be able to use it smoothly.
Update Widevine Content Decryption Module of Chrome
To fix Netflix error code M7353-5101, sometimes you need to update Chrome’s Widevine Content Decryption Module. Let us see how you can do that:
- Visit chrome://components/ on Google Chrome and press enter
- There you need to click the ‘check for updates’ options of the Widevine Content Decryption Module
- Once you’ve downloaded and installed the update, restart Google Chrome and Netflix to enjoy uninterrupted video streaming
Even after trying all these methods, you are still facing the issue, then try this PC repair tool and get your problem solved.
The Bottom Line
Errors are everywhere on the internet, but you need not worry about them as solutions for those errors are also present. One of the errors we all might have come across is error code M7353-5101. This is basically a Netflix error that prevents you from watching videos. The reason for this is said to be an extension of the web browser that hinders the functioning of Netflix.
In this post, we have tried to discuss some of the strategies that could help you overcome the Netflix error code M7353-5101 problem. We hope that this post has been useful and you’ll be able to enjoy the uninterrupted video streaming of Netflix.